Friday, March 28, 2014

APRIL 4th FEATURED READERS

Join us on APRIL 4th, 2014 at 6:30PM at SAVIN BAR + KITCHEN to hear these talented local writers share their work!

Elysia Smith

How long have you been living/studying/writing in Dorchester?

I have been studying at UMB in Dorchester for almost 1 year. I’m a first year MFA in poetry.

It’s 68 degrees and mostly sunny. Paint me your perfect Spring day in Boston:

I’d walk to the cute, Irish diner down the street from me and then catch the train to Quincy Market so I can sit on the dock and watch the gulls in the harbor.
Best writing advice you’ve ever received?

The  best writing advice I’ve ever received was from my high school gym teacher who gave me The Elements of Style. At first, I was pisssed because I felt that I already had plenty of style. Years later, when I finally read the book, I realized how amazing it is.

Grant Bonnier

How long have you been living/studying/writing in Dorchester?
I’ve been here since last summer.
It’s 68 degrees and mostly sunny. Paint me your perfect Spring day in Boston:
I still don’t know what that looks like, so I’ll settle for Spring actually getting here.
Best writing advice you’ve ever received?
Write what you know, then lie until it makes sense.

Ken Green

Originally from Chicago, Ken Green has been a newspaper reporter and editor, as well as a member of several national poetry slam teams from Chicago. He lived in Denver for three years where he discovered he is definitely not a "mountain person". After moving to Boston and Dorchester about two years ago, he started the Story Club Boston storytelling/reading series at ImprovBoston, held the first Thursday of the month. He's completed three half-marathons and a couple of sudokus.

Lesleigh Jones

Lesleigh Jones is a fifth generation Texan now living in Lower Mills with her husband Josh and her puppy Guinevere. She currently is an MA student in Classics at UMass Boston and received her BA in English and Biblical Languages from Houston Baptist University. Her three favorite authors are Shakespeare, Tolkien, and Steinbeck.

No comments:

Post a Comment